Adopting a Newborn Baby
Adoption is a perfect way of starting a family! Adoption Choices of Missouri is proud to welcome you to CHOOSE adoption with us! We are often asked WHY a family might choose adoption.
1. You Want to Start a Family. Some circumstances prevent individuals and couples from conceiving a child naturally. There are people who don’t want to start various medical treatments in order to create a family, so their first choice is adoption.
2. You Are an LGBTQ or Single Person. Adoption is also a great option to start a family for LGBTQ couples and individuals who cannot conceive on their own. Adoption also provides many singles the opportunity to start a family and experience the joy of parenthood.
3. You Want to Expand Your Family. Some people choose adoption because they want a large family. Some people have their biological children, but they still choose to adopt newborns and older children because they’ve always dreamt about a large family. Adoption allows them to make their dreams come true.
4. You Want to Help Children. There are more than 153 million children without families around the world. Nearly 400,000 of them live in the United States, more than 100,000 of them are eligible for adoption. Many people decide to adopt to provide a child with unconditional parental love and stable home. Statistics show that children with stable home lives do better in school simply because they have the support they need.
5. You Want to Make a Difference. For some families, making a difference in the life of one child is enough of a reason to adopt. Adoption community is growing day by day. If you decide to adopt, you can easily find other adoptive parents who are willing to help and motivate you to start your adoption journey.
6. You Know a Child You Want to Adopt. Sometimes prospective adoptive parents know that a child is in a bad life situation and they want to give him/her a family so they choose adoption. It’s not difficult to feel a special connection with a child especially if you know his/hers background. Every child deserves a chance to have a loving and caring family. Adoption is just another way of giving the child a home he/she deserves.
7. You Want to Be a Parent. People who are considering adoption want to become parents because they feel emotionally ready to parent a child. Parenthood is the toughest job, but it’s also a very rewarding experience. Adoption will make your dreams of having a family come true. But, it also benefits birth parents who are not ready to become parents.
For many people becoming a parent is the defining moment in life and adoption is a great option for making parenthood dreams a reality. Different people have different reasons for adopting a child. So if you are thinking of making the decision to adopt, go for it! It is really a unique and amazing experience.
Adoption Choices of Missouri is here to help. Visit us online or call or text us at 816-527-9800.