Choosing an Adoptive Family for Your Baby
A fulfilling part of the adoption process is choosing the adoptive family for your baby. Adoption Choices of Missouri only works with families who are licensed to adopt a baby in the United States. Our adopting families have all been pre-screened and are ready to provide a safe, stable, and loving home. No matter what you are looking for, we believe there is a family out there that is a perfect fit for you and your baby.
To decide which adoptive family is the best fit, consider these questions:
- Are you open to a single parent, or do you prefer a two-parent household?
- Are you open to a gay, lesbian, and/or transgender couple?
- Do you prefer a family in a specific location?
- What kind of family values and views on parenting are you looking for in a family?
- Is the family’s religion or spiritual beliefs important to you?
- Do you prefer a family that already has children or plans to have/adopt more?
- Is it important to you that the family have a large extended family they are close with?
- What hobbies and interests do you want the family to have?
- Does it matter to you whether one or both parents work outside the home?
We can help with these decisions and help you find your adoptive family! Contact Adoption Choices of Missouri for more information Serving Expectant Parents Statewide (in Missouri and Kansas) Expectant Parent Hotline (24/7): 1-877-903-4488