Voluntarily choosing to place your baby for adoption can be one of the most amazing choices you will ever experience. We know it isn’t easy. In fact, it might be the most difficult decision you will EVER have to make. We know you are feeling scared, confused, anxious, and possibly alone. Please know that your choice for adoption is a gift, and there is hope!
There are many advantages of adoption for birth mothers. Adoption can give her a chance to receive an education or achieve other goals. Placing a child for adoption with a loving family who can provide a safe and happy home can be a great comfort for a birth mother.
Women who choose adoption:
- Tend to have higher educational aspirations
- Are more likely to finish school
- Are less likely to live in poverty and receive public assistance
- Are more likely to delay marriage and having other children
- Are more likely to marry and less likely to divorce
- Are more likely to be employed a year after the baby is born
- Are less likely to be pregnant again out of wedlock
One of biggest advantages of choosing adoption is the ability to still be a part of your child’s life. Many birth mothers are able to stay in contact with the adoptive family and their child through open adoption. They may receive letters, emails, photos, and phone calls regarding the welfare of their child. In some cases, there may even be visits with the child. Birthmothers can be reassured that their child is loved and well-cared for and can be reassured that their decision to make an adoption plan was the right one.
Adoption is beautiful in so many ways and can be an enriching experience! To learn more about adoption or begin your adoption journey, contact us at Adoption Choices of Kansas and Missouri or call or text us at (816) 527-9800.